Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Michigan - Week 2


We had a great time at my parent's house. This is on their back deck. Mandy brought over Abby, Kate & Conor. Bob hasn't seen them in 2 years and I haven't seen them in a year. They are beautiful kids. We also got to see Lexi and Tater-Bug. They always make me laugh. Eating on Grandpa & Grandma's deck with your cousins on a perfect summer day. It doesn't get much better than that!

I still can't believe that Michelle and Connie drove all the way to Adrian to see us again. We had such a great time. They even picked up McKenna, so she and Hannah could spend some time together. After church they asked if they could walk to the 7-11 for slurpies and after asking if they knew the way, the parents agreed to let them go. Well, thank God for cell phones, because they took a wrong turn and ended up by the PRISON (Cindy will have my head!). Michele went with this extraordinarily helpful and kind woman we met on the street and rescued them with a car meant for 4 people on a really good day. It was like being at the circus with the clowns all coming, non-stop, out of the teeny car when they got back - 8 of them. It was such a good laugh!!



Hannah and McKenna were so much more grown up - after the initial screaming when they saw each other. What beautiful girls!!



We didn't have a day that wasn't beautiful while we were in Michigan. It was incredible. The kids had such a nice time with Grandpa on the lake in Adrian. Bob, Mom, Rocket and I just sat on the shore enjoying the sunset. It was good for my soul. I love how the nicest times are so often FREE!!! Rocket was so happy in Adrian. He just made himself right at home!
Aaron had a fish on the line, but it got away... I saw it with my own eyes, after they all started freaking out on the pontoon!




Uncle Steve and Uncle Mike came over and spent the day with us on Wednesday. We even talked them into staying for church and Dad got to play with ALL of his boys that evening. It was lovely. A beautiful moment for Mom and Dad. When Hannah sang, too, they were in heaven.
I think my favorite part about this picture is that Caleb has a toothpick sticking out of his mouth. I just love this boy, with his doo-rag, his new earring, his bleached shirt (that he borrowed, in spite of the fact that we bought him several new, very cool shirts for the trip), and a toothpick hanging out his mouth!

We had such a nice time with Bob's parents. We missed being in Imlay with the house full of memories and the HUGE yard, but it was still home because it was with them. Dad is pastoring the old church there and they are reconnecting with lots of old friends. It's been really difficult for Mom, but she's standing by her man and I know God will bless her for that. She is one of the most loving people I know. I know lots of women have mothers-in-law that they don't really get along with. I count mine as one of the biggest blessings in my life. We have been through so much together and worked through it in such a way that unconditional love has just blossomed and grown between us. That doesn't mean that our different cultures, personalities, etc. don't drive each other crazy every once in a while, but love is never a question and because we don't just stuff it, it's pretty healthy. I am blessed.

No comments: