Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

Parched and Barren



I'm struggling, again, with my depression. I don't know how to just shake it and I'm afraid to just give in to it. The smallest decisions are overwhelming me. My beautiful twins are going to be 14 this weekend and I'm struggling to muster up... anything...


The black just overtakes sometimes and nothing feels like I know it anymore. I can't remember how to just be happy. It's too hard to find the joy in the simple things I found joy in just three days ago. How does this happen to me? How do I crawl out of this pit, yet again?


How do I find my self again? It's all too overwhelming. I feel so guilty that I waste days feeling like this when there is so much to be grateful for. People are counting on me, so I try to do what must be done, but I'm not really there and it just exhausts me.


Lord, please rescue me from this desert.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Oh tricia I hear you and I understand. I'm so sorry I don't have any words of wisdom. Depression is evil and had to escape it. I wish I could help you with your struggle. I try to really focus on my blessings. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Just keep praying (I know you do). Take care.