Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

What is that all about?

I have spent most of this week having some really wonderful conversations. You know the kind where when you hang the phone up, you cry a little because you are so thankful that God blessed you in this way and you almost feel a physical weight lifted from your shoulders that you didn't even realize was there? I had 3 of those this week - and I'm really happy, but I'm wiped out, too. I also had one really hurtful and shocking "conversation" and that was hard, but I did what I could and it's not mine to own. Part of this whole process is God showing me when it's His to pick up and mine to put down. I keep thinking that this is Bob's last week off and I want to do a couple more really fun summer things and I can't seem to move beyond my laptop (this blog, facebook and email), my copy of Brene' Brown's I thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't), and even my bedroom. What is that all about? I start out by telling myself that I'm going to get up in the morning and empty the dishwasher, throw in a load of laundry, make a decent breakfast and then we'll go somewhere fun and then I start thinking about getting ready for the lit. classes I'm teaching this year, getting everything ready for teaching my own kids, paying bills (there's the big bad wolf), looking at the fall schedule for everyone, and then I'm immobilized and I DO NOTHING. Isn't that the dumbest thing? I just want to buck up and move through.

Okay, I'm going to make blue moon smoothies (Caleb's favorite!)and throw a load of laundry in...

"Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways."

~Samuel McChord Crothers

No comments: