Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Baby is 24...


Wow! Time flies when you're having fun, and even when you're not, but Especially when you are. He's 24. I have been a mom for 24 years. I have been a changed woman for 24 years. I stopped being completely self-centered 24 years ago...
I wonder if he knows that he's the one that made me want to be better. I remember when I was in the hospital and he was only a few hours old, I got on the phone, called information for the number to the admissions office at U of M in Flint, and within the hour I had begun my journey to receiving my degree.
I wanted to be a good example. I wanted to know that I could take care of him - that he would know he could always count on me. I thought if I did it all right that I would deserve a gift as wonderful as he was to me. I also believed that we would be different because he would always trust me and know that I had his best interests at heart because we would always have this awesome communication between us. I was NOT going to be like all of those other parents! HA!
I'm pretty sure he's taught me much more than I have taught him. We do communicate pretty well... now. It has been the journey of my life, so much of it uphill... I have made SO SO many mistakes... Love covers a multitude... Parenting is NOT for cowards! He continues to make me better. He brings me so much joy. He turned out so much better than I ever imagined in all of the ways that really matter. He really does bring me joy...
8 lbs., 21 inches, born at 10:45 a.m. on July 21, 1986
Thank You, God...

No comments: