Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

But They Sure Can Un-Pick You...

Well, I composed the letter to my parents several times. It became shorter and shorter as I became more rational and focused. I wasn't unkind or judgemental. My Honey read it and helped me get the last piece of sarcastic hurt out of there. I didn't send it. I decided to wait a few days. Let the money be returned in the mail and let my heart settle now that I had written and my head and heart were not in a tailspin. My Honey even took me for a massage on Saturday and I felt SO much better!
This morning I received this email from my father:

Mon, July 26, 2010 10:59:12 AM Goodby
From: David McDowell View Contact
To: T Ojeda

Mrs Ojeda;

Since your goals in life appears to be hurting your mother as often as possible and becoming totally Mexican'
I have a suggestion loose our address and phone number do not contact us again and please take the McDowell name off your facebook.!
Thank you


I have to admit, one of the first things I wanted to do was correct all of the punctuation errors! Then I just kind of wanted to write back, "Wow, I don't know why I continue to be astounded by what a HUGE asshole you are. Goodbye..."


So, I think I'm at the venting stage now...
"Mrs. Ojeda" - really?
It's "appear" when you use it with multiple goals not "appears."
"totally Mexican?" - What the F*** are you talking about??? - and shouldn't that have either a comma or a period after it and not an apostrophe?
"suggestion" should either have a period or a colon after it. In the case of the latter, "loose" should be capitalized. "loose" should also be spelled "Lose."
There should be a period after "number" as well as a capital letter to begin the word "Do."
Now here's the biggie for me: Didn't he get his last name the same way I got it? We were born with it, right? Where the hell does he get off telling me to take my birth name off of my facebook profile??? And then he ends it all with a period and an exclamation point, but he did thank me...
This is all in reaction to me not returning my mother's phone call last Thursday about whether or not I had received the money she slipped into my bag while we were at their house. Money I repeatedly told her NOT to give me because I just wanted to do something nice for her. Money that I mailed back to her on Saturday.
Welp... I guess that just about takes care of it. I expect I will have some kind of breakdown. I mean, it's really tragic, isn't it? I don't really feel anything right now except disgusted. Truth be told, I have been considering posting it to my fb wall! Wouldn't that be hilarious??? Okay, not really, but sometimes the way he acts is so hurtful that I want to see other people's reactions just so I know my reality is accurate. No wonder I'm so f'ed up, huh?...
My Honey's at work. I hope he calls me soon...

1 comment:

Our Family said...

wow...sorry.

are you seeing someone to talk about this?