Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

Snowball Effect...


Lezlie's dad passed away... I was able to see Lez and spend a really nice afternoon with her when I went back to drive to Texas with Scott. God really works things out when I rest in Him and don't screw it up.

Duncan was in the hospital last week because his esophagus burst. He could've died. They said he could've easily bled to death and it was a miracle Pam got to him in time. Bob and I hated not being there - but I'm so glad God was there and I'm sooooo glad Duncan is home now and he's feeling better. He and Pam have had a couple of years of TOO MUCH CRAP. You know what I mean? She is in remission from her breast cancer after a long, hard recovery. Ashley's beau's brother just had a terrible accident. NCC falling apart really took its toll on their family. I just want them to be blessed with rest and joy for a while. God will work it all out.

Scott is here. It's been an adjustment for all of us. I know he's lonely. He appreciates his brothers and sister a lot more now and they adore him - but he needs some buddies to hang out on 6th Street with. He signed up for the 60-60 Soul Revolution at our church yesterday. I was so surprised and pleased. He went to church with us very begrudgingly and I knew I was pushing him a bit when I approached him, but I had prayed like crazy and really believed God was helping me. So I said, "You know, Honey. If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten. I think it's only 2 months and it's once a week. At worst you'll meet some guys your age and learn something. At best... who knows?" So, he said, "Okay." Honestly, you could've knocked me over with a feather. But I put on my cool, nonchalant mom face and asked him what color timer he wanted. God works it out, doesn't He?

No comments: